How do i make terrain overlay ontop of players?

so, you know towers, right? Im trying to make one at the moment, but everything will be screwed since the player will just be on top of it all the time. and no Im not talking about props, TERAIN.

i dont thing it’s possible to put terrain over a player, you can only do that with props and maybe some devices, like a barrier

1 Like

Welcome to the forums @Pav! Make sure to read the forum guidelines!

Wait, is it a Platformer map?
:thinking:

It’s TERRAIN XD

1 Like

You’d have to use barriers, or make separate rooms that are connected by portals

2 Likes

terrain cannot go over the player, only props and barriers in above layer.

1 Like

It is not possible to set terrian in front of a player, so just use barriers and props to do that instead.
For barriers, make its layer in front of player, remember to turn the collision off if you want the player to go through.
Barriers are extremely useful on platformer maps for decoration
Btw welcome to the forums!

@Pav

My man >:>

Ahem, in conclusion you can put terrain over a player in platformer, however the player would have to spawn in the terrain, and currently you can only have walls in platformer. So, this is kinda useless. But in answer to your question
Yes

1 Like

Welcome to the forums. Make sure you read the Community Guidelines and the Terms Of Service (TOS). For reading the guidelines, you even get a badge!

read-guidelines-gimkit-creative-forums-badge-pic1

As well, I recomend filling out your bio.

wait how did you do that?!

Place down terrain on a player
that will make you stuck in an actual game unless the terrain you placed down were minerals and you got a pickaxe on you

1 Like

its not a platformer btw

Oh ok
Still, you cannot place terrain above the player
use props and barriers instead
e.g.