How do i make it so that when a box is broken, different items fall onto the ground?

How do I make it so that different items fall onto the ground when a box is broken?

So you find a crate (a prop), put it on the ground, and connect wires from the crate to item granters. The wire setting should be “Prop destroyed → grant item”. You can add up to 6 item granters because of the wire limit.

1 Like

Yes, that will grant all of the items, but it won’t drop them to the ground.

1 Like

Place down two sentries and make sure they are not in the same team as each other. Make one of them drop an item. Make the sentry with the item have one health and wire them to the other sentry. (Sentry knocked out → Deactivate Sentry.) Also, wire the item sentry to a crate prop (Sentry knocked out → Show prop.) Make sure the prop isn’t active when the game starts. You’ll have to make the crate a bit bigger so it can hide the item properly. Also, make sure the sentries don’t respawn. Place the sentries on top of each other then place the crate over them.

If you need multiple items to drop, you can either use multiple knockout managers if you don’t have any other sentries in your map or use multiple item sentries with one health. However, instead of making the item sentries show the crate and other sentry, make them increment a counter whenever they are defeated. Make it so once the counter reaches a target amount (make that amount equal to the amount of item sentries you have,) the counter deactivates the other sentry and shows the prop.

6 Likes

how to make random items

1 Like

If you want them to have the same probabilities use “equal to” blocks instead of “greater/less than” blocks

1 Like

do like a channel, so when the box breaks, objects appear

1 Like

You could hide a bunch of item spawners behind the box and enable damage from the box…

1 Like

The items could spawn back though

1 Like

Yes, that is the problem with this method.

1 Like

I guess, like if you were making a battle arena with closing borders, you could do that, as long as you placed the boxes outside the borders?

1 Like

Then make the sentries not respawn and make one of them have 100 health, but when the 1hp sentry is knocked out, deactivate 100hp sentry (I used this for my one way out type game)

1 Like

Do sentries take damage from lasers?

1 Like

I tested it out and they don’t.

1 Like

It’s mot an actual player, so they don’t
Pretty sad since i wanted players to be able to kill sentries with lasers XD

1 Like

Or you could add a zone, counter (make it invisible), and item spawner below the box. And then when player enters zone, increment counter and then place a barrier, when target reached, activate barrier. Size down or up the barrier according to what you want and make it NOT active on game start. Now make the counter scope player.

1 Like

Can you add an image to your solution?

1 Like

Is there something specific that you would like to see?

1 Like

I’m not sure where to place everything so that it works.

1 Like

You have to place the box over the sentries.

1 Like