How do I make interaction things?

So how do I make interaction things? I’m making a map where you’re stuck in a spaceship and you have to survive and I need to know how to make interaction devices so can you tell me how I could?

Buttons/triggers/vending machines. Make sure to do the GKC Tutorial!

1 Like

There is a section in devices called “Interaction Devices” where players can interact/move (By move, I mean mainly for the zone device) to use those devices.

1 Like

add in lots of props that add meaning to the story line and set the theme. You can use buttons and wire them to things to make it more interactive.
Example: have a computer on a table, put a button in front, wire the button to a popup and make it so you can read stuff by clicking where the computer screen is :grinning:

1 Like

If you want communication between NPC and the player, use a button wired to a popup:
when button pressed → open popup
that popup should have the “dialogue” that you need. If you want the conversation to be continuous, wire the popup to another popup:
when primary call to action clicked → open popup
The call to action should be the player’s dialogue.

If you want to be able to investigate then gain an item, wire a button (message should be “investigate”) to an item granter.
when button pressed → grant item
This should grant the player the item after they press the button.

Hope this helps.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.