How do I make an normal object give powers to the player?

By reading the question, you probably didn’t know what I meant. If any of you have played the most popular Ultimate Hide and Go Seek Tag map, you would know that if you get a gimberry, you get to go super fast for 3 seconds. Or, if you got a galaxy fish, you would be teleported to a random room. If anyone could tell me how this is possible, especially the “teleporting to a random room” part, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
(If I don’t respond I’ve run out of replies) But if you know, please tell me even if I don’t respond!

In the Utimate Hide and Seek tag, they most likely didn’t directly tie the item to the ability, and they probably used a property list instead.

1 Like

How would I do that?

Uhhh idk lol, maybe try making a property value say something like Item1, Item2, Item3 and put different button overlays for the ability corresponding to the values, and after you use an ability, the property changes to something like Item2, Item3.

For the teleportation, have an item granter. Have a lifecycle → relay (all) → triggerloop run every whatever, and have it run a check. The check should check if you have the fish. If true, broadcast on channel X. Remove the item on channel X, and have every location you want the player to teleport to have a teleporter that teleports to on channel X.

1 Like

If I’m understanding you, you’re referring to psuedo teaming. Right?

No. In fact, I don’t know what the thing I just talked about is called, my brain’s smooth.
(Answer: Lists in singular properties, you could probably use property lists for pseudo-teaming though.)

*I think a checker keeps checking all the time then is wired to a device like a speed modifier or teleporter to do the action

Huh. I didn’t even think about that. Interesting! I usually use lists with multiple properties, but it’s nice to see there are multiple ways to do the same thing!

This topic was automatically closed 3 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.