How do I make a knockout counter in the top right?

I would like to make a knockout counter. Like a cash counter, which I know how to make, but for knockouts. Is this possible?

Connect a ko manger to a counter to increment it, make the counter track a property. Place a property device for that property. In that device, set that property to a number. Make it receive on channel update overlay every time it updates. Place an overlay and in the blockcode that triggers after receiving on channel “update overlay”, set it to “set text to” → “get property” → “insert the property you used in a text box.”

Tell me if you need an image for this. If this helps, mark it as a solution, and welcome to the forum!

3 Likes

Thank you so much!! :smiley:

Yeah! It definitely is! First, make a player scoped property that is called “Num Knockouts”. Make it broadcast on “Update Overlay” when it is changed. The default should be 0 and it should broadcast a change on game start. Now make a text overlay. In the blocks, make it receive on “Update Overlay”. Put this in:

Now, make a lifecycle that listens for a player knocking out. Make it broadcast on KO. Make a counter edit the “Num Knockouts” property. It should increase on “Num Knockouts”.

3 Likes

Ok I tried this and it didn’t work for me. I don’t know what I’m doing wrong though.

Which one, my method or getrithekd’s? Do you need a screenshot?

If getrithekd’s method worked, you can just leave it at that.

2 Likes

Can you describe what goes wrong and what happens? And can you take the solution off so the post doesn’t close in 3 hours?

getrithekds method didn’t work for me

When I start the game it doesn’t show anything

That’s intentional, since you don’t have any knockouts yet.

Isn’t that the property? Did you mean “update overlay?”

You would have to make a lifecycle broadcast on the channel that triggers the blockcode if you still want all the info to show at the start of the game.

3 Likes

Oh. Is there a way I can do it and have it show as knockouts:0 when it starts?

2 Likes

Oh yeah. I’m dumb. It should receive on “Update Overlay”.

2 Likes

Wait, so what recieves on update overlay?

Oh, how would I do that?

The blockcode triggers when receiving on update overlay. If you already made it receive on “num knockouts,” you would have to make a new block with all the blockcode and delete the old one.

2 Likes

Place a lifecycle. Don’t change any settings other than putting “Update Overlay” in the setting “When event occurs, transmit on”

2 Likes

Thank you so much :smiley: I will try and fix it and I will tell yall if it works

2 Likes

It works!! Thank you so much guys, I appreciate it a lot :blush:

3 Likes

No problem! Mark a solution to close the post.

2 Likes