How do I find a certain character inside of a word/number?

Got it, thanks! I’ll see if I can understand it.

what are letter IDs? @Blackhole927

Make a property for each letter, set it to be a number. When they input the new message, update the properties. If Property inequals the number you used, add 1 to property that controls the number of letters

@here, I’m almost done with my guide on number encoded data that would solve this problem, but before I finish it, what are some important operations that you would want to do on strings? I already have:

Backspace
Appending a letter
Length of string
Nth character of string
Slice of string
Adding strings together (WIP)

Could I do adding strings together? The list seems fine to me.

I just finished the math for it about 2 seconds ago…

1 Like

Shouldn’t it be 27^2 and not 100

1 Like

Wait, are we using 100 characters

Why do we have to put b in the mod function?

This equation “pushes” the a-string out of the way by multiplying it by the 100^l_2, leaving a bunch of zeros in the lower place values. Then, mod(b, 100^l_2) cuts out the 99 at the from of it. Finally, by adding the b-string, the zeros are filled, and a new string is created.

A = string 1
B = string 2
l2 = length of string 2 in decoded characters

1 Like

So we have a 99 at the front to preserve the 0s? I didn’t know that.

1 Like

Yes. Otherwise the string will be shifted, since computers cut out the 0’s at the front of numbers.

I would just not use 0.

I totally considered that idea and made a logical decision to use zeros anyway and I’m not doubting myself at all since my decision was a perfectly good one and didn’t add extra complexity for no reason

ima go redo a bunch of math now :frowning:

But thats for pointing this out! This allows 5 characters to be stored per property instead of 4!

2 Likes

Could make it a wiki? I also want to work on this.

Sure, lemme publish it.

2 Likes