Gimkit Creative Platforming Glitch

Screenshot 2024-03-26 3.14.24 PM

Because the wall is at a slant, the gim is forced to slide down it. The hitbox of the walls make it so that the Gim can’t fall out. Since the gim’s feet aren’t touching the ground, jumping doesn’t work, neither does moving. This makes it impossible to keep playing, because you are stuck there forever. Does anyone know how to escape? I’m not fully sure if this is a simple fix to the game, but it would be great if this could be patched.

8 Likes

Is this a creative map? Things like this will happen if the creator of the map is careless with how they place their props, which is why a respawn button is recommended in the case of softlocking.

3 Likes

The hitboxes here are a bit silly, so you are literally stuck forever. This is known as a softlock.

4 Likes

Yeah, true. It’s just an issue with hitbox and jumping.
Refresh and try again…?

Yea its a creative map. (not mine)
Also, that’s a good idea, kinda like when in games if you press “r” you restart the level or restart from the last checkpoint.

1 Like

oh ive played that

been there too

3 Likes

Maybe just add a zone and if a player falls In there teleport them back out…

if only everyone would do that

2 Likes

Would make a guide on it, but it’s too short and wont be well received by the community, so I’ll just get flagged lol.

Wait…
How do you get the “Floor” to be the DLD?

If you mean, touching the ground kills you, then you put lasers on the ground I think.

Use zones that respawn you

2 Likes

Huhhh i better be careful when i play DLD also nice skin

1 Like

Heh. It would be way easier to tell if you hadn’t put the circles and arrows like it was a “calling among us at 3am video”

Oooo! I love that idea!

1 Like

What???

Zones can be wired to the respawn device, which can spawn you back at your last checkpoint.

Welcome To The Forums @Friendly-Ferret
Make Sure To Read This FAQ

ok

itsaidthishastobe20characterslong

that happened to me too…