Game overlay appearing even when it has no right to

I have a setup on my GK8 map that lets item items be “used”, but weapon items be “discarded”. However, it doesn’t work. The setup is goes like this:

1. A player enters a zone, and the game checks if that player has any item, if not, it moves on to

2. A game overlay that says “Grant Item” appears on screen. If pressed, it will

3. Send a message to a trigger, which will then send a message to another trigger based off of your racing rank. Then, the trigger broadcasts on two different channels, one to grant the item, and one to move onto

4. A checker checks if you have a weapon item. If so, it then

5. activates a game overlay that says “Get Rid Of Item”. If pressed, it will clear all weapons from your inventory. That is what should happen.

What actually happens is that upon entering the zone, the “Get Rid Of Item” game overlay appears, and won’t grant the player an item until the overlay is pressed. (Btw I’m on mobile, so no pictures for a while!)

2 Likes

I call that discrimination. all devices have equal rights. actually have no idea tho.

5 Likes

So you want the overlay to discard items, or to not?

1 Like

I need it to appear two steps after it’s appearing.

1 Like

Hmmm, I don’t know…

1 Like

Would you want your end game to randomly activate a second into the game?

2 Likes

The two things I’m going to test are 1. Mixed up channels and 2. Moving the game overlay back in the device system so when the item is granted, then the checker checks.

1 Like

Ok, try that, maybe I am not best suited for this thing, ( I know nothing about gim kart 8 deluxe.) Maybe @Blackhole927 or another TL3 can solve?

1 Like

The rest of the game works perfectly, this one part that I tried to add is just acting up. (If you want to play it, ask a regular or a former gimvenger for the link)

1 Like

ok, I will on the Wix

1 Like

Does anyone else have any ideas on what’s going wrong?

1 Like

Ummm, I’ll need some block code and lots of specifics. Because the logic map is all right, and if this isn’t a channel mixup, then I need specifics.

1 Like

The only block code I’m using is in the second trigger. 66% of broadcasting on channel quantum portal, 33% of broadcasting on channel evil eye, and THEN it broadcasts on the channel that starts the checker → game overlay.

1 Like

I’m on mobile as well, and I’ll look at it, but could you chop each step up because it’s just a wall of text, and even I can’t pore over a wall of text for too long.

1 Like

I’ll make the post a wiki, and you can chop it up however you like.

1 Like

Ok. Cool.

1 Like

A few basic checks:

Make sure the overlays aren’t active on game start

Make sure the channels aren’t mixed up.

1 Like

I’ll check #2. #1 is a given.

1 Like

Okay, I moved when the game overlay appears to after the item is granted, and it almost works. The almost is that even though it does what’s intended, it uses the same overlay for both functions, somehow.

1 Like

Okay. I figured out what was happening. I had a third relay that was throwing a wrench into the system. It’s all good now!

2 Likes