Flag warriors and how they have their downfalls

Honestly, I am fully prepared for this to get flagged. I have to get this off my chest, it is weighing me down. Not sure if this counts as a PSA.

Flagging a topic is great all things considered, we all need to follow the rule of “flag it and leave it”. But sometimes flagging is wrong, or we just flag something we don’t like for no reason. Take @GimSolver’s guide,

https://forum.creative.gimkit.com/t/how-to-make-a-working-candle/35447

This is a great guide, and I can’t find a reason it was flagged. It was:

• Not off-topic
  • A original idea
  • Well explained

EDIT:I HAVE BEEN INFORMED THAT THE POST GET BANNED DUE TO ALT ACCUSATIONS. I AM SORRY FOR THIS ERROR, BUT I FEEL MY POINT STILL STANDS IN OTHER EXAMPLES. THANK YOU FOR INFORMING ME.

Yet it got flagged, and so did some comments. I have no idea what for, and that is confusing to me, so will it be for a new user who doesn’t know how flagging works. And yes, maybe the people who flagged are new. But if new people don’t know how to flag are flagging well made guides that take a long time (this one took me 2 school days and it isn’t even a guide!), it’s our job to teach them.

While don’t giving stuff attention (such as not saying “get back on topic!” or “guys, don’t reply!”) is good, it’s not good to not explain to a newbie WHY you are flagging. People can’t learn from mistakes without knowing what they did wrong. No copy and paste “welcome” messages (which is a rant for another time) will explain the importance of correct flagging to a newbie.

I keep seeing newbies making the same mistakes, getting banned or muted, and leaving the forums because they have no idea what they are doing wrong. Please, if you flag and see it’s a new forum member, try to explain why you are flagging and how they can fix it in the future. And for those who already do that, I know who you are, and I appreciate you for keeping the forums a better place. This is not your problem to solve.

Is this needs the PSA tag, tell me. If this gets flagged, I honestly don’t care, this is something some forum members NEED to know. I’m going on vacation after this, so I may not respond right away. RIP my inbox.

Please don’t turn this into a chat or argument, that’s the last thing I want to see. If any mods tell me to take this down, I will.

8 Likes

the first one got flagged due to accusations of gimsolver having an alt

3 Likes

Don’t move this out of devices, as we cannot create forum guides

2 Likes

you could put in it devices, mark a solution, then turn it into a guide again so it is a locked guide in which no one can argue

and… people are arguing down there. sarcastic yay!

3 Likes

I understand, I won’t. Thank you for fixing it.

1 Like

well said @EGGacha.
the grammar in this was good, and you raised a lot of valid points.
i really don’t want this reply section to get turned into an argument, and then this get flagged.

3 Likes

Thank you for the praise! Very appreciated.

That was my biggest concern posting this, not me getting flagged, but the arguments. I hate seeing them, I wish everyone could be a little nicer.

3 Likes

Watch as this turns into February 25th

3 Likes

I know I guide that was flagged for being short. BUT THEY DIDN’T GIVE THEM TIME TO FIX IT! The person that was flagged had to create a new guide. REMEMBER, YOU ARE THROWING AWAY THIER CHANCE TO BECOME A REGULAR!!!

2 Likes

Trust levels don’t mean anything.

5 Likes

trust level is just a title and is not that big of a deal people take it way to seriously and they can still get up there

3 Likes

I know, but regulars are becoming fewer, and if someone wants to create a wiki or something, they can’t.

2 Likes

I knew that when I posted.

2 Likes

if someone wants a wiki they can ask for one honestly It’s a good thing wikis would make a ton of clutter if everyone could do it

2 Likes

Actually the amount of @trust_level_3 's are increasing
Kinda sad because its not really special anymore

4 Likes

It’s just sort of rude though, that’s all. It was just an example of how “crushing” it can feel to be randomly flagged.

2 Likes

Halve of them: “I’m leaving the forums because it’s getting worse.”

2 Likes

we get more often we recently got 3 more and chill

2 Likes

Also, I presume you’ve been watching the forums since the beginning? Who did @little argue with for a very long time with because she thought they were “disrespecting gimavengers/being annoying”?

3 Likes

well technically, this guide would get flagged because forum psas aren’t allowed. you can say it’s important but it really isn’t. also as foxy said, chill.

no, it’s because the new users simply don’t listen or try to ban speedrun.

no offence, but i would like to see you try. nobody listens to anyone at this point, not even jeffo, and not even the ogs could save the forums. also

best quote i’ve heard in a while

6 Likes