End Game (resolved)

Can I view both knockouts and a specific item when the game is over?

3 Likes

You’d have to use the end game widget.

1 Like

how does that work??

1 Like

Yeah, have two properties show with two end of game widgets, primary and secondary.

1 Like

Choose 2 properties and have one show at the primary level and another at the secondary level.

1. Using block code in a knockout manager, use the if-do block to put “Player knocked out” to get property–(your property’s name) property value equals 1.

2. For the other, using an item granter (or however players get the item) link it to either a counter/property that when an item is granted, it updates a property value. (the other property’s name)

Or whenever an item is granted, it increments a counter that updates a property.

Now, using two end of game widgets, have them track your two properties—one on the primary level and one on the secondary level.

3 Likes

im talking about this

1 Like

1 Like

okay thank you i found it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

You’re welcome. Let me know if you need anything else! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

oops, I guess I don’t understand how to code this.

1 Like

Ah. Ok. Do you need pictures?

1 Like

Yes please! :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

1 Like

OK! Give me one second.

1 Like

Actually, you don’t need block code.
For the knockouts, connect a Lifecycle set to “player knocked out” to the counter that updates the property, (whatever the property’s name is). Then, show the property at the end of the game widget.

For the items, just use an inventory item manager, and then it can update a property in the settings. Use the end of the game widget to show the Item Property.

Screenshot 2024-02-09 11.07.22 AM
How to do this:

This is for another property’s game widget–Items.

This is for one property’s game widget-- Knockouts.
Screenshot 2024-02-09 11.07.41 AM
This is the lifecycle’s settings.
Screenshot 2024-02-09 11.07.32 AM
This is what it looks like.

1 Like

I’m going to target the counter, right?

How will the end of game widget work?

Uh–no, because your items could have any amount.

With one of the end of game widgets, it will show the amount of items—but only through a property. It just shows the amount. You can change the name of it to your item.

The other shows the amount of knockouts, just with a property. You can change the name to Knockouts, or whatever else. Did you see the settings?

ScreenshotGimkitendgame