Edge of map has wall

I don’t know whether to post this in bugs or devices. If you run to the edge of the map, there is a wall that prevents you from walking past the edge. They might’ve just shrunk the map down, but that’s just a hunch. The wall persists, even in spectator/noclip mode.

2 Likes

Is that just in edit mode?

It might be in play mode, I didn’t check.

How long does it take to reach the wall?

Like 15-30 seconds, if the speed is at 3-4.

Ok. Is there a coordinate system or anything like that?

You mean a physical wall?

No, I don’t think so. There probably is one internally to calculate tags, but we can only indirectly access it.

You can’t see it, (It’s off screen), but it functions like a regular wall in play mode, just that you can never turn on noclip and walk through it.

Yes, the wall exists. I’ve never noticed it. I don’t think its a bug

1 Like

It’s in both edit and play mode.
You should keep it in devices.

1 Like

Yeah, that’s what I thought.

Now, what if we use Gimhook and zoom the camera out a lot?

You should try it out and take a screenshot of it!

where gimkit creative right

The wall is a new development, it used to be that you could run as far away from the map as you wanted, but the camera wouldn’t move with you, and you couldn’t place anything there.

Interesting.

I’ve never noticed either.
Also, are you gonna make a guide on QMechs?

I don’t have enough for that. So far, just two or three weird little things. Nothing significant. :frowning:

Edit: I’m considering making a post asking for people’s help in finding them.

Edit 2: yeah, ima do that

2 Likes

Yeah, let’s move the discussion to a post to prevent off topic posting.
Also, to prevent confusion with Quantum Mechanics irl and Quantum Mechanics in gimkit, mabe only call it QMechs?

That "wall’ is the world boarder, utherwise the map wound be endless, they might have strunk the map, but I don’t believe they did.