Don't ๐—ฅ๐—จ๐—ก for help. ๐˜ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ ๐˜ฎ๐˜ช๐˜จ๐˜ฉ๐˜ต ๐˜ด๐˜ฌ๐˜ช๐˜ฑ ๐˜ข ๐˜ด๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ฑ!

So youโ€™re saying that we should just ban the innocent people who didnโ€™t do anything and let the people who are actually breaking the rules bypass moderation?

4 Likes

That is wrong!

3 Likes

Iโ€™m not saying that we should ban the innocent people. Iโ€™m saying that the AI had to be banned because the people who were trying to actually train it useful stuff didnโ€™t have much control over the people who were breaking it. So, they canโ€™t do very much to keep the AI intact and kept away from those type of people. The AI had to be banned because it was clearly getting out of control.

5 Likes

Then why not justโ€ฆ ban the people misusing it or tell the creator of the AI personally to implement something that wonโ€™t let it get too off-topic?

4 Likes

Iโ€™m with. Why should we even have gimai in the 1st place?
I mean it was cool but if you just ask the ai questions instead of humans then this forum should be
non-existent and you should use chat Gpt

4 Likes

Iโ€™m not saying that it SHOULD be banned, but it was banned because even though the creator was trying to fix it, it still kept breaking.
I agree, the people who were trying to break it should be banned.

6 Likes

Iโ€™d even be fine with that, I remember it was asking @Blackhole927 if he wanted it to be deleted and then and there, he shouldโ€™ve just said it should be because I know he wanted to and nothing bad about the AI after that wouldโ€™ve happened.

3 Likes

Iโ€™m saying we shouldnโ€™t have messed around with it that way in the first place. The AI was causing problems, and one way to solve those problems is to ban that account. It would probably be better in the long term for the people who were causing those problems to be punished, but itโ€™s not always easy to tell who those people are - if everyone who talked to the AI during those times was banned, I guarantee there would be many more complaints than there are now. Itโ€™s just a rule of life that actions have consequences, and sometimes those consequences are dealt to people who didnโ€™t do anything to cause those problems. We as individuals just have to do our best to think things through before we do them, and hopefully that will ensure that negative consequences are as minimal as we can make them :]

6 Likes

Whoโ€™s we?

3 Likes

Hey, I get your concerns about AI misuse, but we need to remember that AIs like this one are just tools, not sentient beings with intentions. They work based on their programming and input. When issues arise, itโ€™s usually because of misuse or unintended consequences of the programming. Instead of outright banning the AI, it might be more effective to address the root causes. This could involve refining the AIโ€™s programming or educating users about responsible AI use. While it may be challenging to identify responsible individuals, we shouldnโ€™t dismiss accountability. Perhaps we need better methods for investigation and response. Itโ€™s important to ensure that those responsible face consequences for their actions, extending the principle of accountability to larger systems. We should promote responsible use while maintaining fairness and justice. So, rather than implementing potentially disruptive or unfair solutions, the focus should be on identifying and addressing the underlying causes.

3 Likes

I wrote an explanation about that at some point, but it looks like it got delisted/deleted -__-
But regardlessโ€ฆ

It would probably be better in the long term for the people who were causing those problems to be punished, but itโ€™s not always easy to tell who those people are - if everyone who talked to the AI during those times was banned, I guarantee there would be many more complaints than there are now.

โ€ฆ I explained this already. You give somebody a pretend plastic sword, they hit their friend with it, and the weapon is taken away. Is it the weaponโ€™s fault? No - the weapon being taken away isnโ€™t meant to be a punishment for the weapon, itโ€™s meant to be a punishment for the person who was misusing it. I get that it could be disappointing for some people who wanted to be able to use the โ€˜weaponโ€™/AI without misusing those privileges, but the whole point of taking the thing away is to prevent people from being able to misuse it further.

11 Likes

No Iโ€™m not, but ok?..

2 Likes

This may be unsafe, but bump.

4 Likes

This is a great guide. Shame that a war had to occur hereโ€ฆ

4 Likes

Yeahโ€ฆ

3 Likes

Perhaps in time, the scars of the past will be healed over by new comments. (sticking with the war theme)

6 Likes

That quote was fancy

4 Likes

Dangerous to do this, since there might be a risk of war continuing here.
But, bump.

1 Like

Is the war over? What was it called? (Imagines world war 3โ€ฆ)

2 Likes

Forum War I

4 Likes