Devices like checkers should have greater than or equal to

When you set a checker to an item amount you get 3 options, greater than, equal to, and less than. There should be an option for greater than or equal to and less than or equal to because when I was trying to make a quest for one of my games I had to add an extra trigger to get greater than or equal to in blocks. It’s confusing why we have it in blocks but not on other devices and it may cause newer players to quit.
edit: there isn’t not equal to either!

1 Like

I agree, but this is not the place for suggestions. please put them in the Nolt. If you are having the problem with them, you can have 2 identical checks, with one being equals to, and the other being grather than/ less than. Please mark a solution.

2 Likes

go on

if you really needed to say this.

Yeah, this is not ideal, but there are two workarounds that make it not much of a problem:

First, if you are working exclusively with whole numbers, then you can use the number right before or after. For instance, if you wanted to run the check “property is greater than or equal to 24”, then you could instead run the check “property is greater than 23”, and it will return true whenever the first check would return true. This method also works with less than or equal to, but make sure to increase the number by one, instead of decreasing.

Second, if you are not using whole numbers, then you can instead add a second check. For example, if you wanted to run the check “property is less than or equal to 6.3” then you could set the checker to run two checks, and switch it from “all checks must pass” to “one check must pass”. Then, simply set the first check to “property is less than 6.3” and the second check to “property is equal to 6.3”. This method obviously works for any number, and for greater than or equal to, as well.

Both of these methods have their use cases, and working together, they just about make this problem entirely obsolete.

4 Likes

Just do what Apollo02 said… its what I do and I’ve never had a problem with it…

1 Like

post this on the nolt… please…

This topic was automatically closed 3 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.