Creative Platforming Is Here!

Platforming for Gimkit Creative is finally here! This allows you to create maps in Gimkit Creative similar to Don’t Look Down.

One thing to note is Creative Platforming is in beta! While we hope not, we may need to make changes that might break parts of some platforming maps. Just be ready that anything could potentially be changed/removed.

The editing experience you are used to in Gimkit Creative remains the exact same! However, you’ll find a different set of terrains designed for platforming. Additionally, some props and devices may be missing as they are not designed or updated for platforming.

To get started, create a new map and select “Platformer” for the map style. Note that creating platformer maps is currently only available to Season-Ticket holders, but will become available to everybody later in 2024.

Read more in the changelog here: https://docs.creative.gimkit.com/changelog/march-19-2024

Thanks so much everybody, and I cannot wait to see what you all build!

78 Likes

Thanks josh for this great update!

hitting griddy right now

27 Likes

Thank you so much!

13 Likes

lets go! thank you josh! when will the platformer mode come out for people without a season ticket?

11 Likes

THANK YOU JOSHH!!! The season ticket is so worth it!!!

10 Likes

Just saying, you can FLY!!!

9 Likes

Why did it release tonight instead of tomorrow morning?

7 Likes

Not saying I am sad, but COOOL!

8 Likes

sigh I could do SOOO much stuff with platforming if only I had the season ticket…

13 Likes

hi im in washington and it is 7:37 pm and I have the season pass, does it work for me, if so then how, btw thank you so much josh

2 Likes

casually gets 5 dollars

2 Likes

I just looked at the changelog… WE CAN FINALLY make lazers go on and off by themselves without other devicess!!! Best updateee!

2 Likes

I know I have like A LOT of money in my bank account but my parents won’t let me spend it…

10 Likes

Guys in the changelog it says if your speed is different from 1 you move weirdly…I’M TESTINGG!

2 Likes

anyone know how change the backround

3 Likes

I don’t think you can yet.

2 Likes

yes!!! Thank you so much Josh!!!

4 Likes

ok it just came out, so thats normal

2 Likes

i don’t think it moves weirdly… just fastt.

2 Likes

Games Creative Platforming could add:

1. Geometry Dash
  2. Old Version Mario
  3. Sonic the Hedgehog (@Captain-Gim, “I’m working on that”)
  4. Something similar to Flappy Bird
  5. Super smash bros :0
  6. Donkey Kong
  7. Bed Wars
  8. Paper Minecraft
11 Likes