Bitwise operations in gimkit

never give up

yeah

tell him im sorry

Kyro

Can you send him a screenshot and tell him he shouldnt have left and ask him why if and why he still needs this

time for me to leave too

I know no one cares but I’m joking

Hey guys, let’s stay on-topic.

5 Likes

@Blackhole927, I get the math, but why would you use this in a game?

Because this is blocks, and a decent amount of devices use blocks.

sry for inactivity, im back!
has this topic been solved yet?

Yes, but why would you use such a complicated equation in GIMKIT?

NOTE: Blackhole927 probably meant to extract numbers from a number using his equations, however this post will describe usage in bit operations.

You would use this in creating computers based on real life computation since computers in real life read information in 1s and 0s, this could be used to translate binary to decimal or to alphabetical letters to make it easier to compile and change computer information, however, this is only really used later on only after actually having a sufficient enough computation architecture to code on which we don’t have yet. (must have a cpu architecture equivalent or greater to the intel 8008 to make it practical)

TDLR: Computers in gimkit not advanced enough, used in more advanced computers to code with.

1 Like

To show every multiple amount of colors possible for I don’t know what.

Setting stuff with trigger activation states would be pretty easy to do without bitwise operations.

I’m talking about after creating a programmable computer, bitwise operations are used as a basis of computer languages such as assembly, c, c++ and fortran to allocate memory and stuff easier however computers in gimkit aren’t advanced enough to use computer languages on, since right now all we have is non-programmable computers.

We’re not getting off-topic.

I have heard someone say that Blackhole927 needs to make chess or a color display that can display any colors. Essentially, 99% of the gimkit population wouldn’t need these at all, but a select few people can create amazing things with bitwise operations.

bump.

4 Likes

He is gone. I don’t think this is likely to be solved, and it doesn’t seem to be people’s priority right now.

1 Like

I have visited this topic more than any other on the forum

2 Likes

I know. I was bumping this post to see the community’s current thoughts on it.

1 Like

In theory, you could also use a loop until with a condition that never comes true, such as these:
Screenshot 2023-12-06 16.49.40

This was made for a post from a while ago.

The problem is Gimkit block code is way worse than scratch.