Beginner Tips? I'm new

Ahoy! I’m Riptide!
I love all things gaming, pirates, and programming (real JS, HTML and other stuff, not just blocks) and am a Star Wars and Sea of Thieves nerd.
I’m new around here and want to know my way around this forum.
Any beginner tips for this forum or Gimkit Creative in general?

Thanks, and Happy Sailing!

2 Likes

Welcome! You might want to rephrase the title since off topic posts are not allowed. Replace it with “Beginner tips” or something.

3 Likes

Yeah, things like that are stuff I need to know lol

2 Likes

These posts may help. Overall, just look for posts with the beginner-must-read and new-user-must-read tags

3 Likes

How do I mention people? Is there a button or do I just use @

2 Likes

Just use @. Also, note as a new user that you have a limit of 10 replies until tomorrow.

1 Like

@NavyCatZ Thanks! I’ll check out the posts you linked.

2 Likes

Welcome to the forums! Also, NavyCatZ, Riptide joined 2 days ago, so the posting limit doesn’t apply.

2 Likes

They’re still a new user though, since they haven’t posted anything until now.

Nvm their trust level is basic, I’m dumb lol. You don’t have a reply limit.

3 Likes

Actually, what’s the deal with the off topic thing? It seems like everything from fan art to code should be shared, fostering a good sense of community. What exactly is off topic, what’s not?

2 Likes

This forum is specifically for help on gimkit creative. The gimkit discord is less strict about these things.

3 Likes

Technically, this forum is only for the devices part of GKC, so technically art is considered off topic unless its something everyone can use. But, art guides are never flagged.

3 Likes

Ahoy Matey! Welcome to the forums @Riptide! I hope that you will find your experience here pleasing!

3 Likes

Yeah, I joined yesterday for my boss map thing, but didn’t post much till now

2 Likes

@getrithekd Is there a official forum or Discord for everything Gimkit?

2 Likes

There is an official discord server for general gimkit.

3 Likes

There is a discord.

2 Likes

Welcome to the Forums, @Riptide ! I hope you enjoy.

1 Like

There is a discord server, if you want to j0in, the link is
here: Gimkit

2 Likes

@NavyCatZ @getrithekd ahh thanks. So, just GC stuff here. Can I post a link to a map for constructive criticism purposes?

5 Likes