Battleships Game

I am thinking I will use different colored barriers as markers and a grid with buttons or invisible vending machines to fire at certain places with pop-ups or notifications to tell you whether or not you hit a ship. Thought it might be a fun idea. Any ideas for the rest of the functions? Any way to make my idea more efficient?

add different ships that take more hits to take down. might be complicated but if there is an aircraft carrier you could make planes. no idea on how that would work though

1 Like

I mean like the classic game battleships

1 Like

I believe that that’s what was implied, The ships are bigger so they take more hits to destroy.

1 Like

when a ship gets hit it shows visually but not just the pin so like it could be on fire or somthing

2 Likes

nice touch, thanks!

1 Like

If I was a party pooper then I’d say that’s advertising
but anyway, have you guys figured out the mechanics

3 Likes

im not sure on how the tracking the hits would work, maybe with pseudo health and make the ship a bunch of damageable props

you could maybe make the cannons vending machines that say something like “Fire at F6” if we’re talking about classic battleship. or use like quantum portals and have the players be the cannons.

1 Like

you might have to use zones for some of it

1 Like

Why not have a certain amount of health for the ship and then just match that health with the damage of a weapon?

1 Like

yeah use pseudo health

1 Like

thanks ya’ll! any ideas for a placing mechanism for the ships?

1 Like

sorry! just clarifying

1 Like

You can use Buttons that show props (use this boat guide.)

1 Like

I thought about that, but I would need so many buttons if I had different rotations and sizes of boats. My design is with invisible vending machines that activate and deactivate depending on what you are placing. Is there any more efficient way?

hmm you can use checkers wired item granters (two item granters that grant and take away an item) instead because they’re more memory-efficient but the vending machine has more aesthetics and customizations though though

Not really, I am trying to think of an efficient placing mechanism rather than my original idea. My design is with invisible vending machines that activate and deactivate depending on what you are placing. This would take like a TON of vending machines though.