AI Generated Thumbnail

I have a quick question. Does anyone know if your allowed to do AI generated thumbnails? I have a map published with an AI generated thumbnail because I’m not GREAT at thumbnails, but I don’t know if that’s allowed.

1 Like

If I were you I would never use ai for art

4 Likes

i doubt they’d care enough to regulate that even if it wasn’t allowed, and it probably is

3 Likes

I believe it’s OK since in the OpenAI terms of service it says the following:

Ownership of Content. As between you and OpenAI, and to the extent permitted by applicable law, you (a) retain your ownership rights in Input and (b) own the Output. We hereby assign to you all our right, title, and interest, if any, in and to Output.

and it says that you can use content you own, so since you own it, you can use it.

2 Likes

I used Canva, but I don’t know if that’s Open AI.

they’re all pretty similar with their rules

and you own the rights per the TOS

Well, I didn’t technically create it, AI did.

Update:

If you are not sure, view OpenAI’s terms of service and Gimkit’s publishing guidelines.

I just checked Canva, and it says that Canva created the AI. I used Magic Media if you use Canva.

I will take a look at Canva’s resources for that thing rq but I believe most AI services are dalle / chatgpt from openai or gemini from google.

1 Like

Ok, thank you so much. I’m just worried that Gimkit will suspend my account or smth. I get worried about little stuff like that a lot.

So I took a look and found this from Canva’s site:

1 Like

I can just take a screen shot of the map just in case. I’m not good at reading privacy polices and stuff like that. Thank you so much for doing this for me. I really appreciate it!

1 Like

You’re welcome.

Make sure all content is subject to Canva’s acceptable use policy and Gimkit publishing rules

Ok, again, thank you so much and have a wonderful day.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.