A guide to runner games what you need to know mechanics and more

Runner games are a type of game where you need to dodge obstacles complete acheivments and collect goodies such as coins a few examples are sonic the hedghog shopkins run etc their millions out their so lets get started

Collectables- collectables are things such as coins or items to create this in
I found this idea by a user named chrysotom found a better idea "you can also add a trigger, item image, and an item granter

The image will be the image of the collectable
The trigger will be invisible and on top of the image
the max triggers of the trigger will be: 1
(only one person should get the goodies)
and when the trigger is stepped on (triggered): then grant the item (goodie)
also hide the image, (you don’t want other people seeing the picture but not getting anything"
Boss battles for any game for fun boss fights are where somethhing is chasing you and you have to beat it to create this in gimkit
Materials you need
zone device x whatever you want
sentry x what ever you want
step one place down your zones
step two place down sentries set some to deactivated on game start and one activated on game start
step three wire the sentry to the zone player enters zone activated sentry for the certain part of map you desire or use channels
this should make it so when you enter a certain zone the sentry will look like it’s moving in animation chasing you

Obstacles are things that respawn players if they hit them you can use lasers or props for this one

Achievments achievments are goals in the game like jump certain amount of times or get a certain hieght in this case to make this
You’ll need
popup device x what ever you wnat as it depends on the amount of goals you want
zone x what ever you want
a counter x whatever you want depending
Step one put a popup down have call to aciton button one claim reward and have the second button go to the next achievment wire all the popups to say second call to action open popup have a button on all of them saying claim reward wire an item granter to each of the popups I ment wire the popups to item granter to say when first call to action button claim reward this is where the counter comes in
Step two wire counters to the to the popup to say counter reaches target open popup and then wire that too the counter counter hits target grant player item

Note this may not make snese at first you can correct me if I missed something or did something incorrect as i don’t have acess to platforming I can’t test these i just thought of them as i know how the devices in gimkit creative work so correct me if i’m wrong thank you

Another thing to note if you’re worried about it not working just let me know I tried it in top down mode as I can’t acess platforming at the moment due to i don’t have seasson pass but i know it’ll work if it doens’t please tell me about it so i can go fix it

Note I gave credit to Chrysotom for the more effective idea

first reply lets go

Pretty detailed guide, make sure you add pictures, as this could easily get flagged.

Um I can’t as i don’t have seasson pass i will later on please don’t flag it I was as descirptive as possible

You shouldn’t create a guide on it then. Are you sure how this would work in game? There are also guides on what you just wrote on your guide.

wait their are oops do I need to take it down sorry wasn’t trying to be off topic yes knowing the devices in gimkit creative i know it probably will work

Um should i keep the guide up because i had no idea and yes i know it’ll probably work with minor bugs as i know the devices in gimkit creative i tired it in top down mode but can’t take pictures at the moment

you can also add a trigger, item image, and an item granter

The image will be the image of the collectable
The trigger will be invisible and on top of the image
the max triggers of the trigger will be: 1
(only one person should get the goodies)
and when the trigger is stepped on (triggered): then grant the item (goodie)
also hide the image, (you don’t want other people seeing the picture but not getting anything

thanks i ment to make it so every one could get them if it’s a multip plaer game
Also is this off topic will I get flagged because you said i would yestarday and that i would be suspended

oh i ddn’t think of that that way you’re not wating your zone devices thx also the achievments thing ishard so if you find a bug or better way let me know

oh… Then don’t have max triggers… or hide the image!

actuallt i realized something most runner games are solo play so thx gave you credit in the guide also is this off topic

1 Like

how is it off-topic???

i mean, creating a guide about platforming when you can’t make anything in platforming, is not the smartest, and probably going to get flagged, and also is probably proving that you are a ban speedrunner but it’s not off-topic and you could probably make it work because as far as i know all the device’s mechanics work the same

no I was asking because you said the’re was already a guide which i didn’t realize

how does that prove you’re a ban speedruner what is this anyways also yes all the devices work the same how i know actually Someone hosted a game with editing permissions on once so i didn’t have to open a new one and played around with it since everyoen was and they said ubild anything so i tested these out