30 second late timer (new user to gimkit creative forum, not letting me type any more messages for next 24 hours)

I’m building a map called Fortkit 1.8 which obviously is a battle royale but is educational and I want to make a timer that says after 30 seconds people aren’t allowed to get in to my map anymore to prevent cheating after being eliminated and self-reviving. However, latecomers should still be able to get into my map. Can anyone help with this?

Use a trigger with a 30 second delay that is triggered by a game start lifecycle. That trigger with activate another trigger that is inactive on game start. Make a lifecycle for player joining late trigger that trigger. Make the new trigger switch the player to spectator.

5 Likes

Thank you! This seems like it should work.

1 Like

Let me just test it out to verify.

1 Like

No problem! If you have any other questions about this, please ask!

It’s not working. Is this right?
Screenshot 2024-01-26 11.13.10 AM

Is the trigger activation scope player?

yeah, it is. Anything else?

Can I see the settings for your lifecycle, trigger, and team switcher?
Also, what is you second trigger connected to other than team switcher?

Try:

That code wouldn’t work because anyone who joined late would wait 30 seconds to become a spectator. Also, I’m doing some programming for something I’m calling “The Gimlag. I’m keeping the team switcher to see if there’s something wrong with the main programming or of the teleporting to the gimlag on KO.”

1 Like

Also, here’s the options:
Screenshot 2024-01-26 11.13.28 AM

I’m new to the forum, so I can’t put multiple screenshots in one message.
Screenshot 2024-01-26 11.13.39 AM

Screenshot 2024-01-26 11.17.44 AM

and the deactivated trigger:
Screenshot 2024-01-26 11.59.36 AM

Screenshot 2024-01-26 11.59.58 AM

I’m just gonna mark solution because nothing is happening and I’m gonna do something else and I don’t want people to type pointlessly because I’m not going to look at this anymore.

This topic was automatically closed 3 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.